Pool renovations are something people consider investing in as the swimming season winds down. However, the idea is often countered the famous line, “Can it wait one more year?”
This is because the planning, preparation, and execution of a pool renovation plan is a major undertaking, and quite daunting for some pool owners. Timelines, colour selections, and overall design options can be a lot to deal with. On top of that, you’re also faced with finding a pool renovation company you can trust to bring you the results you’re looking for in a timely manner.
For these reasons, many pool owners put off renovations off until the following year. And the year after that. And the year after…you get the picture. In the meantime, your liner, tiles, or pool equipment will start to wear down and be replaced anyway.
The truth is when you work with a professional pool renovation or pool remodelling service, the process is much easier and more enjoyable than you might think. And when you enjoy that refreshed pool, you’ll be happy you made the investment.
Do I Need a Pool Renovation?
The winter months can be hard on pools, especially in the GTA. As the years go by, parts get worn out and the pool starts to look old and tired.
Here are some of the things to look out for that might require a pool renovation:
- Faded, cracked, or ripped pool liner: Worn-out pool liners are more than just ugly – they could also be a sign of underlying safety or efficiency issues
- Outdated safety features: If you have an older pool that is regularly used by small children, you might need to install up-to-date safety features, such as a safety fence
- Reduced energy efficiency: Older pools aren’t as energy-efficient as new pools, so making your pool run more efficiently could bring you long-term cost savings
- You’ve been calling for service more often than usual: Having to make lots of small repairs is a sign that your pool is aging, and might benefit from an overall renovation to replace the cost of maintenance calls that will only increase in number.
Even if there’s no practical reason for you to renovate your pool, you might simply decide that you want to change the look of your backyard. Carefully think about your design vision, and then call in the experts when you’re ready.
Working with a Pool Renovation Service
When planning a renovation to your pool, be sure to think about every aspect of the project before calling a pool renovation service and committing to a project. Otherwise, you might overlook something that may cause issues and cost more money down the road.
For example, here are some important items to consider when making your pool renovation plans:
- Are you thinking about a deck replacement? If so, this would be the perfect time to replace your plumbing lines as well, so that no leaks will happen in the near future that will result in you having to lift your new deck to make repairs.
- Are you planning to put in a new liner? Adding new walk-in stairs to make entry to the pool much easier should be done now too, because once your new liner is in it will be impossible to add stairs without requiring a new liner installation
Experienced pool renovation experts will be able to provide advice and guidance on your project before starting work, and will be able to answer all of your questions. This truly collaborative approach will ensure that your design ideas won’t compromise pool performance and safety, and that all details and potential issues will be addressed.
Another important consideration when planning your pool renovation is timing. If you need your pool ready for a specific date or event, such as a birthday party, family reunion, or other celebration, you’ll need to allow enough time for the work to be completed. If your pool renovation service estimates the job will take 10 days, be sure to leave plenty of time between the project start date and the event. Inclement weather can cause significant delays that in many cases cannot be controlled. It’s always better to be ahead of schedule than cutting it right down to the wire.
When’s the Best Time to Do Swimming Pool Renovations?
It really depends on your schedule. Typically, people like to have pool renovations performed in the spring, before the swimming season starts. Unfortunately, this is also the time when pool renovation services are busiest, so it’s usually a good idea to book in advance.
However, missing the spring rush doesn’t mean it’s too late to start renovations during the summer. Many pool renovation companies experience decreased demand in July, often because it’s the middle of peak pool season when families would rather be using their pool than watching it being renovated.
But July could also be quieter because homeowners and their families travel during this time. This means that the pool isn’t being used anyway, making July the perfect time to schedule your renovation. If you’re still mulling things over this spring, there’s still a great chance that your renovation can be completed this year. Just call us and ask!
Call the Pool Renovators You Can Trust
Lakeshore Pools & Hot Tubs offers expert pool renovations, including changing your pool liner, updating pool equipment, redoing the pool walls, flooring, coping, and decking, and plumbing replacements. Our award-winning team of pool service professionals are with you every step of the way from design to installation, providing customized solutions that suit your dreams and budgetary needs. Call us today and tell us about your dream pool renovation project!
Pool Renovations and Remodeling in Port Credit and Mississauga
If live in Mississauga, Oakville, and the Western Greater Toronto Area, and are wondering if there are “pool renovations near me”, there are! Since 2004, Lakeshore Pools & Hot Tubs has provided pool renovation services to local pool owners. Call our award-winning team today at (905)-891-8818 or visit us at 309 Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga to learn more!