This summer, will you be taking a “staycation” instead of travelling?
The advent of COVID-19 has changed how we spend our summers. Many hotels, resorts, and overnight summer camps are closed, and even the ones that are currently or planning to open have to conform to social distancing and other protocols to meet new public health guidelines and protect customers from infection.
It might be the most practical and responsible approach – but it doesn’t sound like much fun, does it?
This year, why not try a staycation focused around your very own backyard swimming pool? There’s nothing like relaxing in the safety and privacy of your own home, while avoiding large crowds and reducing concerns for getting sick.
It’s like being at a resort – with water, food, games, and a bed already included!
Things to do with your backyard pool on staycation
There’s no reason to be idle when you have a backyard pool already prepped for summer fun. With everyone home anyway, there’s no better way to stay healthy, happy, and active even as the rest of the summer industry shifts into new and unknown territory.
However, you might be wondering what to do on a staycation, or asking how you can keep your backyard pool interesting, entertaining, and safe throughout the whole summer season. Whether you’re looking for family fun, pool entertaining, or just simple backyard tranquility, we have the answers:
- Keep your pool water swim-ready: Maintaining your pool correctly all season long is of utmost importance for clean, healthy water. To ensure it is being properly treated, use test strips to stay on top of your chlorine levels so it doesn’t go green or cloudy. Or, bring us a clean 500 ml sample of your water for a free pool water test. Based on the results, we can make recommendations so you can spend more time enjoying your pool and less time worrying about it.
- Create a “safe zone”: Public pools and beaches can get crowded, making physical distancing difficult. Create a personal paradise without having to come into contact with others, or expand your social bubble to one additional household to enjoy your pool and share in the staycation fun. Your backyard “safe zone” paradise helps keep your social circle alive while avoiding large groups of people.
- Take breaks from work: Now that your pool is open, working from home is much more attractive! Enjoy a quick dip during lunch or breaks, take your laptop poolside, or host a conference call on a floatie! Also, you’ll be able to keep an eye on your kids in the backyard while still being productive.
- Sip worry-free poolside cocktails: Staying hydrated with adult beverages by the pool is a big part of the vacation experience. Now, you can make it part of the staycation experience! You’ll also take the worry out of something breaking or shattering near the water with our unbreakable drinkware. This indestructible drinkware (no one’s been able to break one yet!) is dishwasher safe for easy clean up, and do not haze or spider crack over time, making them the perfect accessories for the poolside.
- Enhance your pool water with “pool enhancers”: Pool water quality is important because no one wants to swim in cloudy, hard water. You can go the extra mile for your family and friends’ enjoyment of your backyard pool with our selection of pool enhancers. These products are designed to give you the softest pool water ever, or give your pool water extra sparkle and shine – it’s like putting your pool into high definition mode! As always, our award-winning team of pool experts can help match your particular need with the right products to ensure you have all the pool water products you need for the season.
- Grill exotic foods on the BBQ near the pool: Restaurants and buffets might be transforming, but your backyard barbecue doesn’t have to! Pick some family favourites or try scrumptious new dishes for grilling and dining near the pool – just like at any fancy resort!
- Create a spa relaxation experience with your hot tub: You didn’t think we forgot about backyard hot tubs, did you? Nothing beats creating a staycation paradise by unwinding in your hot tub with that special someone, a bottle of wine, assorted cheese, and twinkling summer stars. Ask us about how to keep your hot tub water soft and soothing with high-quality watercare products.
- Install torches or citronella candles: Physical distancing is no fun, unless you’re distancing yourself from bugs! Torches or citronella candles are among the most effective mosquito-repelling pool supplies you can get. Keep the flying insect population down while creating a warm, relaxing vibe around the pool during the evening with these great poolside decorations.
- Elevate the backyard fun with pool toys and pool games: You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy pool toys, but pool toys might bring out the kid in you! Pool toys such as inflatables, floaties, and fun floats put a smile on everyone’s face, and increase the entertainment value and activity level of your backyard oasis.
Have an affordable staycation at your pool within your own backyard!
Check out our line of pool supplies, pool toys, and more to keep the fun going all summer long!
“Staycation” Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs in Mississauga, Oakville, and the Greater Toronto Area
If you’re planning a vacation at home this summer, start stocking up on your backyard pool supplies now! Visit Lakeshore Pools & Hot Tubs at 309 Lakeshore East in Mississauga and speak to our award-winning staff for recommendations on everything you need for a safe, entertaining, and healthy backyard staycation around your pool.