BioGuard Back Up is a non-copper-based algaecide that is ideal for use on pools equipped with an ionizer. The highly concentrated non-staining formula helps prevent the growth of a wide variety of algae. Using this product on a weekly basis will prevent algae from appearing in your swimming pool.
Available size: 946mL
How to Use Weekly
- The first dose for a pool with no visible algae is 90mL of Back Up for every 10,000L of pool water.
- Every week after, add 15mL for every 10,000L of pool water.
DO NOT APPLY BACK-UP WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying Back-up to go swimming
How to Use When There is Visible Algae
- Back Up may not be enough to get rid of algae on its own.
- Add chlorine to the pool according to your shock instructions.
- Once the chlorine level is below 8ppm, add 125mL of Back Up for every 10,000L of pool water.
- Wait until chlorine levels are below 5ppm before entering pool.
Tips for Using Back Up
- Add 30mL of Back Up for every 10,000L of pool water if you are leaving the pool for a week
- The Back-up bottle has measuring marks on the side to make for easy application
- Oxysheen is a good non-chlorine weekly shock product to use with Back Up, especially if you have an ionizer.