The Hydro Mop from Beachcomber is designed to float on the surface of your hot tub water-absorbing oils and lotions that cause the buildup of a scum line. The hydro mop will last 1-3 months and will help to improve your filter’s performance and enhance the water clarity. A new Hydro Mop will float on the surface of the water and as it picks up oils and lotions in the hot tub water, it will get heavier and begin to sink. Once the majority of Hydro Mop has sunk into the water, it has picked up as much as it can hold. Discard and replace to keep your hot tub clean and oil-free. It will normally go to the filter area that is drawing water, this is normal.
Did you know the Beachcomber Hydro Mop is the same as the Hot Tub Zorbie? The only difference is this one is blue instead of orange.
Tips for Using Hydro Mop
- Do not squeeze the hydro mop otherwise, it will no longer work.
- If the Hydro Mop does get squeezed, rinse your filter with the garden hose, add a clarifier, like Polysheen, and then shock the hot tub with either Stabilized Chlorinating Granules or Brominating Concentrate
- Wait for 24 hours after this treatment, and then give your filter a chemical cleaning with Filter Brite
- You can remove the Hydro Mop from the water if you don’t want it in there while you are soaking. Just remember to put it back inside the hot tub when you are finished.
- When the top of the Hydro Mop is level with the top of your hot tub water, it is time to replace it