Natural Chemistry Phosfree is designed to remove phosphates from your pool water. It adds a fine layer of compounds to the surface of your filter that reduces the number of phosphates in your pool as water passes through it. Phosphates are what various types of algae eat, so a high phosphate level makes it easier for algae to grow in the pool. Phosphate levels should be 300ppb or less.
Available size: 2L
How to Use:
- Backwash your sand filter or ensure your cartridge filter is clean before adding Phosfree
- Ensure pump is running continuously
- ¼ cup of Phosfree will lower the phosphate level of 10,000L of pool water by 300.
- Add Phosfree to the skimmer basket
- Run pump continuously for at least 48 hours
- If your phosphate levels were over 1000, get a phosphate test at our store to check your new phosphate levels
DO NOT USE PHOSFREE WHILE SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after using Phosfree to go swimming
Tips for Using Phosfree
- Phosfree cannot be added at the same time as Optimizer Plus, Clarifying Tablets, or a granular stabilizer, like Stabilizer 100. Wait 3 days after adding these products to use Phosfree
- Phosfree will make your pool cloudy if it is added directly to the pool and not the skimmer basket
- Phosfree should not be added if there is live algae in the pool
- BioGuard Pool Complete helps keep your phosphate levels down every time you use it