BioGuard Polygard is a non-copper-based algaecide that is ideal for use on pools equipped with an ionizer. The highly concentrated non-staining, non-foaming formula helps prevent the growth of a wide variety of algae. Using this product on a weekly basis will prevent algae from appearing in your swimming pool.
Available size: 946mL
How to Use Polygard Weekly
- The first dose for a pool with no visible algae is 130mL of Polygard for every 10,000L of pool water.
- Every week after, add 45mL for every 10,000L of pool water.
DO NOT APPLY POLYGARD WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying Polygard to go swimming
How to Use When There is Visible Algae
- Polygard may not be enough to get rid of algae on its own.
- Add chlorine to the pool according to your shock instructions.
- Once the chlorine level is below 8ppm, add 200mL of Polygard for every 10,000L of pool water.
- Wait until chlorine levels are below 5ppm before entering pool.
Tips for Using Polygard
- Add 90mL of Polygard for every 10,000L of pool water if you are leaving the pool for a week
- The Polygard bottle has measuring marks on the side to make for easy application
- Oxysheen is a good non-chlorine weekly shock product to use with Polygard, especially if you have an ionizer.